Delivering the best strategic advice to our clients.
As a specialist consulting firm with unrivalled experience in government and communication, we provide an integrated suite of public affairs and corporate communications services tailored to suit the individual needs of our clients. Australian and international blue-chip companies, industry groups, not-for-profit organisations and government agencies choose GRA Partners for the breadth of our expertise, in-depth industry knowledge and ability to provide insight and strategic solutions.
Whether we’re engaged on a special project or an ongoing basis, each assignment is based on developing a sound understanding of our client’s business objectives and creating a partnership to formulate and implement a program of strategic engagement.
GRA Partners works across:
- Infrastructure, construction and property: major projects, PPPs and asset sales; major project approvals; infrastructure regulation; government inquiries
- Services, technology and consultancies: political positioning; tender applications; stakeholder communications
- Energy and resources: approvals and regulatory issues; state agreement approvals; electricity reform process; foreign investment advice
- Education: funding support; drafting policy and government submissions; project approvals process
- Manufacturing: industry policy; research and development policy and funding; environmental impacts; environmental and recycling regulatory changes
- Agriculture: legislative amendments; industry campaigns; project approvals
- Health and Aged Care: private hospital industry issues; legislative amendments; approvals and regulatory issues
- Transport: policy analysis and regulatory advice; submission coordination; government infrastructure procurement; political and agency positioning.
Solutions that go beyond the traditional concept of government relations
GRA Partners’ bipartisan team provide clients with a range of solutions that help build constructive lines of communication with government and other key stakeholders to appropriately influence public policy outcomes. As a respected leader in government relations for more than a decade, we know the strategies and approaches likely to be effective in dealing with government. Our senior practitioners work with clients to successfully navigate government policy and political landscape.
The GRA Partners team provides the following services:
- Policy, regulatory and legislative advice: strategic counsel, policy formulation, active monitoring and tactical support to achieve regulatory outcomes or contest, promote or amend legislation
- Political and policy audit: information gathering and analysis to determine how a client, project or policy agenda is likely to be perceived in light of a range of political, policy and other relevant factors
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement: identification of key government and other influencers, and assistance in liaising with stakeholders in pursuit of regulatory or business objectives
- Government and parliamentary inquiry assistance: guidance on formulation of written submissions to inquiries, public hearing participation and other advocacy activities
- Major projects, procurement and bid advisory: specialist advice on government procurement processes, such as asset sales, PPPs, major projects and outsourcing opportunities
- Merger and acquisition advice: working with proponents and their financial and legal advisers to understand key political and policy issues, and achieve foreign investment and other necessary regulatory approvals
- Intelligence gathering: ongoing monitoring of developments within the executive and legislative branches of government to identify emerging issues of interest to clients
- Business development strategy: research, preparation and implementation of strategies focused on market entry/expansion into government and regulated industry sectors
- Investor counsel: assisting investors in regulated industry sectors understand policy and regulatory issues and trends
- Crisis and issues management: planning, developing and executing strategies to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences on critical and time-sensitive client issues.
Experience that positions our clients at the top of their field
GRA Partners delivers high-level communications advice and support to assist clients manage critical corporate projects.
Our range of strategic communications services includes:
- Media, investor and stakeholder relations: designing, implementing and managing media and other key stakeholder group programs in times of critical communication, including corporate restructure, new market entrants and market positioning programs
- Asset sales and PPPs: developing communication programs for boards and senior executive teams to address key investment propositions, anticipate and pre-empt competitors, and research critical investor groups
- Litigation support: providing counsel on media commentary to clients involved in litigation or regulatory processes to manage reputation before, during and after legal or regulatory proceedings, and ensure media has a balanced understanding of matters under review
- Presentation and media training: delivering specialist training to senior executives, directors and other professionals to develop skills and personal presentation, understand the news process, and successfully liaise with media and other audiences
- Reputation, issues and crisis management: developing media solutions and messages to avoid risk and contain potential reputational threats as early as possible in response to events such as regulatory and legislative change, trading impact and adjustment in corporate strategy and unforeseen events
- Internal communications: developing and implementing internal communication strategies focused on employees.